I fell down a rabbit hole a few days ago. I wanted to write a blog post about my new irc library, but the rbenv I had setup to run Octopress was all messed up. I stated poking around to try and remind myself how to get it working again and eventually decided that I should really look for a new static site generator written in language that I like to use. I ended up picking Pelican.
There are plenty of blog posts already that cover the basics, so I won't try to give a complete walk through. I mostly used the guides by Jake Vanderplas and Jinghao Shi along with the manual. I have blogged before about how I setup Octopress to make GitHub issues for comments. I ported this functionality to Pelican with a couple of commits:
- bd808/bd808.github.com@fe45c78 adds a
new_posttarget to my fabric file which creates an issue in the GitHub project and adds the needed metadata to a stub Markdown file.